EducationUniversity Of central Florida, Industrial Mathematics
647 Eagle Pointe S
To secure a position in a well established organization with that will lead to a lasting relationship in the field of business management or mathematics. Implement my advanced management experience to benefit myself and my employer. In addition, seeking a position where I can utilize potential avenues for research and a career within the mathematical field.
• Masters of Mathematics-Current Student.
University of Central Florida _ Orlando, FL
• Masters of Business Administration – Graduated August 2013
University of Phoenix – Sacramento, CA
• Bachelor of Mathematics and Statistics, Graduated in 2004
Jordan University of Science and Technology – Kingdom of Jordan
Honor Graduate top 5% of class
Trained in teaching methods for gifted students
Mathematics Assessment Editor-CTB/McGraw-Hill-February 2013 – July 2014
• Provided daily operational review/quality control of testing material as it relates to imposed curriculum and requirements in mathematical testing standards.
• Review assessment items for content validity, bias and sensitivity.
• Worked on the following projects: QSSC,QCEA,TASC, OCCRA, PARCC,OK,SBAC, duties included supervising, reviewing, designing, editing and creating assessments.
• Implement internal audits on testing material to ensure accuracy of questionnaires.
• Familiar with Common Core Math standards and major coalition concerns/movements and collaborated with different departments to complete goals.
• Assigned to an international project in Qatar and was chosen to work abroad
• Established effective procedures including production and translating documents from Arabic to English and vice versa.
• Managed and trained new employees with protocols and assignments
• Familiar with on-line/printed assessment production procedures; fluent in plain language; experienced in predictive, diagnostic, summative and performance assessment practices; senior reviewer of items, forms, rubrics, alignments, and reports
• Attended item writing workshops and item spec creation, developed item specification for multiple projects
• Assist educational publisher in the development of elementary and secondary mathematics assessments. Duties include item development, form selection, and editing for content and style.
Mathematics Assessment Corrector – McGraw Hill Publishing – 2010 - 2011 Sacramento, CA
• Assisted mathematics department in creating and grading quizzes, tests, final exams in ensuring tests are graded accurately and provide feedback to students
• Corrected exams that included non-multiple choice questions using standardized solutions manual
• Audited other exams that fellow department have graded to ensure tests grading accuracy
• Review work for accuracy from other team members in other areas such as test and exam questions prior to exams being given.
• Enforce policies and procedures in ensuring the math department gives exams according to the department rules and curriculum.
Private Tutor - Specialty in Mathematics – 2009 to 2010 Sacramento, CA
• Offering my services to tutor students in the field of mathematics in Sacramento State University and Sacramento High School
• Facilitate tutorial sessions with individuals and small groups in math department • Prepare and present math workshops or projects for students
• Motivate and challenge students to understand calculations and take assessments • Collaborated with head of department to prepare a tutorial plan for students
• Taught study skills and reinforced successful studying habits
• Consulted monthly with facility coordinators and completed monthly reports regarding tutoring sessions
• Attended pre-semester training sessions and end of semester meetings
Insurance Agent – United Insurance Company -2008-2009 - Fully Licensed – Sacramento, CA
• Developed base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
• Approached potential clients by utilizing mailings and phone solicitation; making presentations to groups at company-sponsored gatherings; speaking publicly to community groups on the subject of financial well-being.
• Determined clients' particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals. Developed a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation.
• Provided continuing service by providing direct deposit forms; processing changes in beneficiary and policy loan applications. Provided death benefits by delivering policy proceeds; reassessing client needs.
(Government) Ministry of Education - Jordan – 2003 - 2007 / The Pioneer Center of Gifted and Talented Students
• Taught advanced mathematics to gifted and talented students between the ages of 12-18 in two languages – Arabic & English
• Created class curriculum and syllabus that is appropriate for grade or class being taught
• Conducts classroom and math lab activities according to program requirements
• Ensure students are assisted in developing personally and professionally
• Develops and maintains relationships with students in order to monitor and resolve student concerns and learning roadblocks in mathematics
• Tracks and reports grades and attendance to ensure accurate record keeping according to regulations
• Bi-Lingual (Arabic and English)
• Proficient with MS Office, Excel, Outlook, and Windows
• 2006 - ICDL Certified & 2007 - Intel Teach Online Certified-Jordan (Recognized Internationally).
• Adapt well to changes in the work flow with the ability to multi-task.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
• Advanced Mathematics Skills , Advanced Statistical Analysis
References available upon request
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.